Swing space construction on the first floor is complete and the public service Librarians have moved into the new offices. The Bloomberg and other computers from the A Floor Research and Instructional Services area will move to the first floor just inside the Trustee Reading around July 31st.
Major maintenance work will continue on parapet and stone base outside of the Trustee Reading Room so expect disruptive noise at times.
Phase 3 of the Firestone renovation is ongoing. The southwest areas of B and C Floors, and the northwest area of A Floor are part of this phase. The tower is also being renovated, and should open to our patrons in September. Please note the following updates:
- C Floor – Construction partitions are in place and the mechanical, electrical and plumbing work is ongoing in the work area. New air handling units will be delivered and lifted with a crane for access into the building on Saturday mornings in August.
- B Floor – Books have been moved from the southwest corner of B Floor and contractors are removing existing shelving. Expect some disruptive noise from this work. Additional construction partitions will be installed and new traffic patterns will be in place.
- A Floor – Contractors are working installing ductwork and other services in the ceiling area, which houses the majority of the building systems for the A, B, and C Floors. Expect drilling and other construction noise from this area. The current Research and Instructional Services area will go under renovation in September.
- Tower – Contractors are completing the renovation to the tower rooms. Expect disruptive noise on the 3rd Floor at times.
- Stair #5 – Access to A Floor from the Trustee Reading Room only
- Loading dock entrance - There will be increased activity at the loading dock, please use caution when using this entrance!
- Original bathrooms on the west side of the A,B, and C floors are now permanently closed. New bathrooms are located off the elevator lobby on all floors.
- Note: General hours of construction are 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Weather & Traffic Report
What’s Noisy, What’s Quiet?
What’s Open? What’s Closed?
Every effort is being made to schedule the most disruptive work during off hours and keep noise and dust to a minimum.
If renovation NOISE is getting to you, please reach out to Peggy Kehrer at email@example.com or call 609.258.0925.
For questions or comments, please contact:
Peggy Kehrer, Library Construction & Communications Coordinator
609.258.0925 or firstname.lastname@example.org