Welcome Back Students!
The former RIS area has moved to the first floor. The public service librarian’s offices are located in the reference area outside of the De Long room. The computers from that area are now located to the right as you enter the Trustee Reading Room.
The northwest stair is closed to A Floor. The Industrial Relations section and the Microforms Service area have alternative pathways to their locations. Please use the main elevators or the main stair to A Floor and follow signs.
Books on B Floor have been shifted to prepare for the 2nd part of Phase 3. Bookfinders are located at the B Floor elevator lobby if you need assistance. The Circulation desk can also offer assistance.
Partitions have been installed on B Floor near elevator creating new paths of travel. Signage is in place to help you navigate.
Trustee Reading Room - Roof work to the north is creating disruptive noise on the 1st Floor and particularly in the Trustee Reading Room. Please find alternative areas of quiet study on the newly renovated 2nd and 3rd Floors, as well as the north side of B and C Floor.
Women’s C Floor bathroom is closed while piping is installed above and adjacent to the space. It is expected to reopen by mid-September.
Scaffold is installed at the front entrance and the east door entrance will be closed. This work is expected to be complete by mid-September.
Asbestos Abatement - An asbestos abatement project has started on the A Floor between the northwest stair and the Industrial Relations section. Expect disruptive noise at times. If you have any questions regarding the abatement project, please contact Robert Ortega, Environmental Compliance Manager, at rfo@Princeton.edu or call 258-1841.
Ongoing construction information:
The southwest areas of B and C Floors, and the northwest area of A Floor are part of Phase 3. The tower is also being renovated, and should open to our patrons in September. Please note the following:
- C Floor – Construction partitions are in place and the mechanical, electrical and plumbing work is ongoing in the work area. New air handling units will be delivered and lifted with a crane for access into the building on Saturday mornings in August.
- B Floor – Books have been moved from the southwest corner of B Floor and contractors are removing existing shelving. Expect some disruptive noise from this work. Additional construction partitions will be installed and new traffic patterns will be in place.
- A Floor – Contractors are working installing ductwork and other services in the ceiling area, which houses the majority of the building systems for the A, B, and C Floors. Expect drilling and other construction noise from this area.
- Stair #5 – Access to A Floor from the Trustee Reading Room only
- Loading dock entrance - There will be increased activity at the loading dock, please use caution when using this entrance!
- Original bathrooms on the west side of the A,B, and C floors are now permanently closed. New bathrooms are located off the elevator lobby on all floors.
- Note: General hours of construction are 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Weather & Traffic Report
What’s Noisy, What’s Quiet?
What’s Open? What’s Closed?
Every effort is being made to schedule the most disruptive work during off hours and keep noise and dust to a minimum.
If renovation NOISE is getting to you, please reach out to Peggy Kehrer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 609.258.0925.
For questions or comments, please contact:
Peggy Kehrer, Library Construction & Communications Coordinator
609.258.0925 or email@example.com